Interested applicants should be prepared to answer the questions below and provide a copy of their resume and at least one letter of recommendation.
- If selected for this program, would you prefer to focus on radio or television broadcast technology?
- Please list three local broadcast stations in the U.S. where you would like to complete your summer apprenticeship assignment if you are selected.
- Are you willing and able to relocate without additional financial assistance from NABEF to complete your apprenticeship at a station that is not in your home market? Although a stipend is provided for your apprenticeship, it is typically not enough to relocate.
- Please explain why are you interested in participating in the Technology Apprenticeship Program.
- Describe any experience you've had in electrical engineering, information technology, digital technologies or other related fields that could assist you in your broadcast engineering goals.
- Please explain how you believe the TAP program will fit into your career goals.
- Please share how you see technology impacting the future of broadcasting. Please use examples to support your assessment.
- Please describe any outside commitments that may interfere with your six month apprenticeship. The program takes place from March – September. A full program agenda is available here.
The application window for the 2019 program is now closed.
For more information, please contact Paloma Walker-Johnson at (202) 429-5369.